Sunday, May 29, 2011

THE WAY WE WERE

Old-time movie stars fascinate me. I reckon it has to do with the little publicity their private lives got; the inner turmoil was ignored; their conflicts, desires, private personas wiped clean. In short, there is a genuine mystery to them. Only years later do we realize that they are as flawed as anyone else, their insecurities as gaping as the next person's.



But, in the spirit of times long forgotten, I'd like to take a look back at one of the great beauties. Pure aesthetics, nothing else, and that's fine as long as we know it is only for beauty's sake--and, for creatures as carnal as we, that sometimes should suffice.




 

I'm a giraffe. I even walk like a giraffe with a long neck and legs. 
It's a pretty dumb animal, mind you.
Sophia Loren

1 comment:

  1. I'm fascinated by classic movies and classic movie stars. Sophia Loren was and still is beautiful. I also loved the movies I saw her in. Gorgeous selection. :)Ada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...